Monday, May 28, 2007

Thankfulness

Well, last year at this exact time there is a 99.999% chance I was at work. I worked a call center that by contractual obligations has the phones open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. Also the newer employees worked the holidays because of seniority. This job does provide all of the federal holidays but the phones are open on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and even Memorial Day. There were many Sundays and Holidays when I was working that I missed my wife, my in laws, and our friends. This last job was GREAT while I was going to college because it was by the college and there was schedule flexibility. I am thankful on many Sundays and all of the Holidays that I am not working and that I am able to spend time relaxing with my wife and friends. Anyway, I am thankful that God helped my wife and me through the journey of college and working full time.

2 comments:

kpjara said...

I'm thankful for that too honey! I'm also very thankful we get to be together every night!

P.S. I tagged you...get to thinking!

wayne said...

pshaw...working holidays builds character!